New policy of the Israeli minestry of health
to preserve fertility among females with high risk infertility and premature menopause.
Fertility preservation will be carried out for women up to the age of 39 with an increased risk of early menstruation (according to the conditions listed below) in one or more of these methods – embryo preservation, egg preservation, ovarian tissue conservation.
1. Fertility preservation will be carried out for women up to the age of 39 with an increased risk of early menstruation (according to the conditions listed below) in one or more of these methods – embryo preservation, egg preservation, ovarian tissue conservation.
2. Treatment will be given in one or more of the following situations:
A. Women with poor ovarian reserve.
B. Women before gonadotoxic treatment not due to malignancy.
C. Women who are candidates for surgery to remove more than one ovary.
3. Up to 4 cycles of treatment or up to 20 eggs, whichever comes first.
4. In pre-mutant X fragile carriers, up to 6 cycles of treatment or up to 40 oocytes, whichever comes first, will be performed due to the need for PGD and a statistical risk for half of mutated eggs.
5. The treatment shall be given for the birth of a first and second child to a spouse who has no children in their current marriage and to a woman, girl or girl, without children, for the purpose of preserving fertility. 6. Women who have ovarian tissue included in the basket will also have ovarian tissue implanted. 7. Duration of funding The period of the freeze shall be until the birth of two children or up to the age of 42 of the woman (whichever is earlier).
● In the health basket from January 2018
In order to know whether you are entitled to the cost of preserving fertility, you must seek advice and I will make a comprehensive assessment that will enable you to decide on the best course of action.
Dr. Katy Shlush
I am an OBGYN specialist and fertility specielist focusing on fertility preservation male infertility and endometriosis I am an attending physician at the Rambam medical center IVF unit and mannage the endometriosis clinic.
I am fascinated by the hormonal changes of the human fertility system and I constantly study them to improve fertility outcomes
“Helping women with fertility problems is one of the most important goals in my life.”